Princess Cruises has unveiled the line-up of celebrity speakers and guest entertainers for its Summer Seacations.
MedallionClass ships Regal Princess and Sky Princess will sail roundtrip from Southampton between July and September this year offering scenic UK cruises and voyages with stops in Liverpool, Portland, Belfast and Greenock, on itineraries ranging from three to seven nights.
The celebrity speaker line-up, which includes household names from across the world of TV, entertainment and sport, will be the fourth speaker programme Princess Cruises has hosted on its UK-based ships.
The programme comprises:
· Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards – former British Olympic skier, portrayed in biographical film ‘Eddie the Eagle’. Three-night cruise on Regal Princess, departing August 14.
· Tessa Sanderson – former British Olympic javelin thrower and heptathlete who won gold for Great Britain at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics. Four-night cruise on Regal Princess, departing August 28.
· Shaun Wallace – barrister, lecturer and television personality, best recognised as one of the ‘chasers’ on the ITV quiz show ‘The Chase’. Three-night cruise on Regal Princess, departing July 31.
· Rob Rinder – criminal barrister and television personality, starring in reality TV court show ‘Judge Rinder’. Three-night cruise on Regal Princess, departing August 7.
· Valerie Singleton – television and radio presenter best known as the longest serving presenter of the popular children’s series Blue Peter from 1962 to 1972. Three-night cruise on Regal Princess, departing August 21.
· Simon Weston – veteran of the British Army, known for his charity work and recovery from severe burn injuries suffered during the Falklands War. Four-night cruise on Regal Princess, departing September 5.
· Sally Gunnell – former track and field athlete who won gold for Great Britain in the 1992 Barcelona Olympics for the 400 metre hurdles. Gunnell remains the only woman to have won the European, World, Commonwealth and Olympic 400m hurdles titles. Three-night cruise on Sky Princess, departing September 3.
· Rustie Lee – TV personality, chef, actress, singer and former politician, starring in Channel 4’s ‘Celebrity Coach Trip’ in 2020. Three-night cruise on Sky Princess, departing September 10.
In addition, guest entertainer appearances will include popstar Gareth Gates and X Factor runner-up Andy Abraham.
Guests can also hear stories and enriching presentations from a destination expert and a maritime lecturer, who will provide their expertise and insight into travelling the world and working at sea.
Tony Roberts, Princess Cruises UK & Europe vice president, said:
” We are excited to announce the return of our popular UK-based speaker programme for our Summer Seacations. We are looking forward to welcoming several household names to Regal Princess and Sky Princess, providing guests with unique and immersive experiences that can only be found on a Princess ship. We are sure that guests sailing on our Seacations this summer will head home from their holiday with lasting memories and great stories to share.”
All-inclusive fares for a balcony stateroom start from £539pp for a three-night scenic voyage and £599pp for a four-night cruise with up to one port. Fares include the cost of any COVID-19 testing which may be required at the time of travel. Guests can book with a £50 deposit if booked before May 3, 2021.
Princess also recently expanded its Book with Confidence policy which now allows guests the flexibility to change their holiday plans 30 days before the day of departure, receiving cancellation fees as a future cruise credit. This flexible booking option is available for any cruise bookings made through June 30, 2021, on voyages departing through December 31, 2021.
Princess Cruises ‘Summer Seacations’ can be booked through a professional travel agent, by calling 0344 338 8663 or by visiting princess.com. Available to UK resident COVID-19 vaccinated* guests only.