As headline sponsor to the BAFTA Television Awards, P&O Cruises has today announced the six nominees for the Memorable Moment Award. Voting is now open for the only award decided on by the public.
The P&O Cruises Memorable Moment Award honours the impact of television in the UK and its power to entertain, inform and bring the nation together – looking back at key moments from 2022 that inspired and moved audiences at home.
Voting will close at midday on May 2, 2023 and the winner will be announced at the BAFTA Television Awards with P&O Cruises on May 14, 2023 on BBC One and iPlayer from 7pm.
The six nominees are:
- Derry Girls, Channel 4 – The Finale, the people of Northern Ireland vote overwhelmingly for peace
- Heartstopper, Netflix – Nick and Charlie’s First Kiss
- Platinum Jubilee: Party at the Palace, BBC One– Paddington Meets The Queen
- Stranger Things, Netflix – Lucas, Dustin, and Steve rescue Max from the demonic Vecna by playing her favourite song – Kate Bush’s Running Up That Hill
- The Real Mo Farah, BBC One – Sir Mo Farah revealing he was illegally trafficked to the UK
- The Traitors, BBC One – The Final Roundtable
Members of the public can vote for their P&O Cruises Memorable Moment online via bafta.org/moment. Voterswill have the opportunity to enter a prize draw to win one of 99 pairs of ceremony only tickets to the BAFTA Television Awards with P&O Cruises. One lucky winner will have the opportunity to win a pair of ceremony only tickets and a seven-night cruise holiday in the Norwegian fjords on P&O Cruises ship Iona in a balcony cabin for two.
The nominees were chosen by an independent jury of national media experts. BAFTA’s Television Committee Chair and Deputy Chair of BAFTA’s Board of Trustees, Sara Putt oversaw the jury.
P&O Cruises president Paul Ludlow said: “2022 was a wonderful year for TV with so many moments that brought the nation together. It was a hard task for the jurors to choose just six nominees, but we hope that the final shortlist reflects some of the most entertaining and memorable TV moments of the year.”
Emma Baehr, Executive Director of Awards & Content at BAFTA, said: “The six moments we’re sharing today capture what BAFTA stands for: creativity, innovation, and authenticity. The Memorable Moment Award spotlights the unforgettable scenes of the last year that truly resonated and inspired viewers at home, showcasing the impact of television. We are all looking forward to seeing what the public chooses on Sunday 14 May. Get voting!”
#BAFTATVAwards with @pandocruises
Leave a Reply