Do you really need an excuse to make your holiday longer?
Living in London and having to use the notorious M25 to get to either of the London airports can be a nightmare. If I have a morning flight I do like the novelty of adding an extra day to the holiday and staying the night in an airport hotel.
Our flights to Barbados usually have an early morning check in. Over the years we’ve stayed in yotel and Bloc hotel many times, we’ve recently discovered Hampton by Hilton at Gatwick. We’ve stayed recently pre flight in November 2019 and January 2020.
Here are 5 reasons to explain why I enjoy staying there.
1. Hampton by Hilton is so convenient for check in! Especially if you’re flying from the North Terminal. The hotel is linked via a very short tunnel from the prayer room area of the North Terminal check in area. On entering this tunnel you walk into Hotel reception, then your room will be accessed via a lift from here. You’ll be staying a 3-4 min walk from check in! Can’t get much more convenient than that. If your flight departs from the South terminal it’s a short monorail ride away.
2. Considering this hotel is located above the Airport terminal, it is so quiet. A lovely nights sleep pre flight bodes well for a happy flight!
3. The rooms in this hotel are large, much bigger than your usual airport terminal hotel. We always seem to be placed in a corner room, two walls are windows over looking the airport. The room has a large double bed and a further sofa which can convert into a double bed. The bathroom is large with a shower and complimentary toiletries. Do be careful in the shower, it’s very slippery! Bath mats can be requested from reception.
4. Unusually for a Terminal Hotel this hotel has a private In hotel, bar, prices are reasonable and it stocks a wide variety of drinks. This hotel also offers a hot breakfast in the mornings, however I’ve yet to try it as always seem to have very early check ins before they start their hot breakfast service. For a slightly later flight this would be a perfect way to complete your pre holiday relaxing stay!
5. Finally for a hotel , there are lots of in room plugs for pre flight charging! Perfect to charge all those electronics prior to your holiday away!